Maintenance Manager ( MD and Operations Business Systems Manager and Team Lead Customer Service and Safety and Standards Lead)
Blessington Industrial Estate, Blessington, Co. Wicklow, Ireland W91 W898
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager in Blessington, the job holder is responsible for ensuring that the maintenance of production machinery at the Blessington site is completed in an effective and timely way that it ensures that production downtime is minimised.
As a qualified Electrician, the Jobholder also has particular responsibility for electrical work being qualified and certified to the level required to carry out all works and liaising with electrical and other facilities suppliers set out below. Can assist to manage all necessary applications to ensure the company meets all legal standards to employ a fully qualified electrician who can sign off and certify and assist to manage the applications and documents and essential audits.
Work with the Maintenance Manager and Leadership and staff on Continuous Improvement Projects. CI is the way forward and we work as a team across the facilities in the group on projects, sharing the load to make sure we are Lean and Operating to best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out allocated tasks from the master programme of pre-planned mechanical and electrical machine maintenance as prioritised and instructed by the Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager will in turn allocate the specific related tasks between the Maintenance Engineers and himself and ensure adherence to the programme.
- Ensure that daily and weekly repair of machine breakdowns and maintenance issues as prioritised and allocated by the Maintenance Manager is completed in a timely way so that production downtime is minimised.
- Take part in the maintenance project programme as directed and prioritised by the Maintenance Manager to ensure that the development of fixes and improvements that will reduce downtime and increase productivity in the medium term.
- Undertake machine fixes and maintenance as part of the Engineering Team with a particular focus on electrical faults and fixes. Maintain electrical/electronic control systems in a time critical, automated, production environment.
- Carry out site PAT testing to meet legal requirements. Ensure that any electrical compliance certifications that are required by legislation or by our customers are maintained and identify and agree electrical suppliers with the Maintenance Manager to support this.
- Input and maintain all logs of maintenance fixes and pre-planned maintenance and projects completed by the jobholder using NetSuite and any other IT systems that the Company may implement.
- Responsible for updating any Parts and Services Logs: Ensure that necessary parts are ordered on the system in place to ensure that the required levels of mechanical spares and parts for the machines are maintained. Maintain the parts register to include parts ordered.
- Troubleshooting: Responsible for troubleshooting crises and new job issues if they arise on machines. Make contact with suppliers or services contractors as required to meet production demands.
- Co-ordinate and support electrical contractors to site.
- Provide telephone cover to Operators after hours to ensure that proper maintenance cover is provided for production
- Consumable spares – make sure correct spare quantities are maintained for weekend production cover against the agreed parts list.
- Maintain machine spares from the main stores against the agreed list and log from Supervisor store and top up as required. Order required spares from the Maintenance Manager as required.
Responsibility to Operators:
- Explain to operators on how things work to assist in the running of their machines in the course of daily job.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the updated Trouble Shooting guides for machinery as required by the Maintenance Manager.
- Contact Machine manufacturers to forward on questions the operators have as they arise as instructed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Assist with the programme of building maintenance works as directed by the Maintenance Manager. Carry out all the electrical work safely.
- Take responsibility for security systems for the Blessington site including the CCTV system and the site clocking in and out systems. Ensure that all these systems are working and call suppliers to ensure timely fixes when required.
- Act as intructed to Oversee the provision of Company mobile phones and laptops and Pads issued to staff members at the Blessington site. Act as a point of contact as required.
- Act as instructed to Oversee the provision of broadband and WiFi services for the Blessington site ensuring that service is maintained. Call the supplier for fixes when required.
Development Ad Hoc Projects:
- Work as directed by the Maintenance Manager on modifications to solve customer issues.
- Come up with suggestions for modifications to solve customer issues as they come to mind.
Installation and Dismantling of Equipment Ad Hoc Projects:
Working as directed by the Maintenance Manager to:
- Dismantle machines\equipment for relocation and reassembly
- Coordination of services (air, water, gas) for installation of new machinery
- Support travel and accommodation for attending/visiting personnel if required.
- Coordinating of installation equipment (fork truck, crane, skates, slings etc.)
Ad-Hoc Projects Group:
- Work as directed by the Maintenance Manager to support him to manage a project concerning the ordering of spare parts for the 2 machines in the Spanish Plant.
Qualifications / Experience
- National Craft Certificate electrical trades or Fetac level 6 equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a fast paced, quality focussed production environment.
- Essential requirement of (basic) knowledge of control systems, e.g. PLC, drives.- Experience required with 24V DC Control systems
- Good IT skills including use of a Production Management or Maintenance Management system (NetSuite is preferred), Excel, Word and Email.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience in packaging or other light goods production.
Skills / Abilities
- Team player with an open and friendly personality with a can-do attitude.
- Good Excel, Word and email IT skills. Candidates need to be very comfortable using IT systems to carry out key parts of their role.
- Able to review and analysis production reports and highlight common production issues for resolution.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Working to tight production deadlines
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to liaise clearly with other staff members and customers.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative
- Worked using computerised ERP systems and knowledge of Netsuite system beneficial but not essential.
- An individual who can contribute to the team and innovation.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.